Vegan 3 Bean Chilli with Ombar
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 diced jalapeños, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 15g Ombar 100%
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock and more if needed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For serving:
- 4 tbsp Coyo yoghurt (check these lovely guys out here)
- A few chilli flakes
- Avocado chunks
- Micro leaves (or normal sized leaves!)
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil, place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven until tender - approx 45 mins.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion for 7 minutes, or until tender and translucent. Add the garlic, jalapeños, chilli and chipotle powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, Ombar, and water/stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and partially cover. Let simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed. Taste for flavour, season with salt and pepper, and add anything else you feel it needs.
- Serve piled high on top of the baked sweet potatoes and top with the Coyo, micro greens and chili flakes (if using).